Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New: Blogger Stats & Share Buttons >>

internet marketing online class dot blogspot dot com
.: This is a post that suppose to be in my latest blog, Internet Marketing Online Class, but I had to "parked" it here before that blog is ready. It's a blog about online learning in the most simplistic way, or, I rather say my simplified version of internet marketing class, heehee ;-) Got three re-written post there, more lessons will coming up soon~~ :-)

> I'm not an IM Guru, but I love sharing what I've learned~~   :-)

Now, the 'Blogger Stats' thing. It's a new Blogger features that I found today (just now actually). Although I prefer to use my Webmaster tool and Google Analytics, but this simple version of both tool is quite handy~ We have the overview, posts, traffic sources and the audience stats for our disposal.
blogger dot com stats

Each of these four single stats can be sorted using the timeline given: Now, Last day, Last week, Last month and All time.
  • 'Now' is referring to your Stats during two hour period from the current time you click the 'Now' button,
  • 'Last day' is your stats for yesterday (23 hours before), 
  • 'Last week' is your stats seven days before, 
  • 'Last month' is your stats for a month before.
  • and 'All time' is your blog stats starting May 2010.

How to use Blogger.com Stats?
While I do think this is the simplified version of Webmaster tool, we can make full use of the stats. Particularly the 'Posts' and the 'Traffic sources'.
  • 'Posts' stats can help us in checking "is our post title is good enough?", "which posts get the most attention (pageviews)?", etc. You can determine what genre or nature of your post that is well-liked by your blog audience. Usually, title with lists and striking-solution-and-answers-is-for-you-here will get the most pageviews.
  • 'Traffic sources' stats is one great tool. It shows how your audience found your blog. I love the 'Search keywords' part because from that I can use or "re-write" my blog posts emphasizing the same keywords, or, writing the similar post about that topic (follow up?).   ;-)

Now the second (beta?) features: the Blogger Share buttons~~

blogger dot com share buttons
How to enable my Share buttons?
  • Go to Blogger 'Design' tab > Scroll down the 'Page elements' page > Look for your 'Blog posts' section.
  • Click the blue 'Edit' link,
  • and check the box for 'Show share buttons',
  • rearrange your Share buttons placement,
  • Click Save.

Is it only me or I think my Share buttons is not working?? (At writing time, this Blogger features still not working). Is it applicable only for original Blogger template or also for the new Template designer too? We have to wait and see~

Well, that is my two "parked" blog post for you, hope this will benefits your blog too~
;-)


m2mdoh: "In support of supporting other bloggers~~"
:-D
:.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails